The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference focusing on the latest research results on embedded systems and wireless networking, key enablers for visionary scenarios such as the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems.
In addition to full research papers, EWSN solicits submissions of poster and demo abstracts. The poster session at EWSN will provide a forum for researchers to present their work in progress and to receive early feedback from leading experts attending the conference. In parallel to the poster session, the demo session will offer a unique opportunity to showcase real prototypes, tools, and systems to the conference attendees.
SPECIFIC TOPICS of interest include but are not limited to:
- Communication and networking for wireless, embedded and cognitive systems
- Operating systems, middleware, and services
- Processing, storage, and management of data
- Communication and programming paradigms, languages and tools
- Dependability (real-time, reliability, availability, safety) in wireless systems
- Neuromorphic communication networks and computing architectures
- Wireless system time and location management
- AI operated wireless sensing, actuation and control systems
- Modeling, simulation, and measurement tools for wireless AI systems and applications
- Machine learning and data mining for wireless sensor system
- Services and wireless networking for Cyber-Physical Systems and IoT
- Next generation wireless networks, 6G
- Privacy and security in applications and systems
- Human-centric interaction with wireless and embedded AI systems
- Experiences, challenges, comparisons of embedded AI platforms
- Applications of wireless embedded AI in health, automation, manufacturing , transportation
- Embedded algorithms and systems for computational perception, vision, speech, haptics
- Empirical studies, measurement, validation, deployment, experiences
- Sustainability and Green Tech (low-power, harvesting, energy management)
- Applications and problems from developing countries and emerging markets
Feel free to ask the poster and demo co-chairs if you are uncertain if your topic fits.
Submission Instructions and Formatting Requirements
Each submission will be reviewed by members of the poster and demo committee and evaluated based on its quality and potential to stimulate lively discussions during the conference. Accepted poster and demo abstracts will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be available in the ACM Digital Library.
We adopt a single-blind review process for poster and demo abstracts. Please do not anonymize your submission and include name, affiliation, and contact information of all authors on the first page. A short abstract must be provided on the first page before the main body of the paper. Submission titles must start with “Poster: …” or “Demo: …”, depending on the type of submission.
Poster and demo abstracts must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more than 2 pages, including figures, tables, and references. Demos must include one additional page describing the setup of the demo (hardware used, space needed, special equipment, etc.). Pages must have 8.5″ x 11″ (letter) two-column format, using 10-point font on a minimum 11-point interline spacing. All text must be kept within a print area of at most 7″ wide by 9″ high, with an inter-column spacing of 0.25″. Authors are recommended to use the LaTeX template provided at http://ewsn2022.jku.at/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ewsn-template.zip. Submissions that do not meet these formatting requirements may not be reviewed.
Poster or demo contributions to EWSN 2022 must be submitted through
We target a large and diverse set of contributions and presenters. We thus encourage and welcome contributions from students submitting early stage work and from authors aiming to complement their full (accepted or not) papers.