Linz provides plenty of options to choose from when it comes to accommodation. For the International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) 2022, the following two hotels provide special rates:
(room quota with terms as detailed below are limited and provided at the first come, first serve principle)
Linz City Center:
€96,00 single room, per person per night, breakfast included (promo code valid until 19th of September)
Booking via E-mail: email@example.com
Booking via Phone: 0043 (0) 732 6950
Booking Code: EWSN 2022
Near to the JKU campus:
€54,00 single room, per person per night, breakfast included
Booking via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking Code: EWSN 2022
Conference participants book hotels themselves.
To book these hotels, simply send an email to the hotel or call them under the provided contact information and mention the Booking Code: EWSN 2022
If you prefer another accommodation:
The JKU’s Office of Accommodation Services can help. The office serves as a liaison between you, the hotels, and the student residences. More information can be found on the following website:
Linz is a lively, modern city and a successful one, too. It has a long and eventful history, and the architecture of its developed city centre with the baroque Hauptplatz is unique. The city will delight with its urban lifestyle and exciting cultural scene, it will make curious to discover new things and will open up new perspectives.
Top 10 attractions in Linz (https://www.linztourismus.at/en/leisure/discover-linz/worth-seeing/top10/)
- Ars Electronica Center
- Pöstlingberg (pilgrimage basilica, steepest adhesion railway in Europe, …)
- Musiktheater Linz at the Volksgarten
- Lentos Art Museum
- Main Square and City Center
- voestalpine Stahlwelt
- Schlossmuseum and Old Town
- Mariendom (New Cathedral)
- OK Linz
- Mural Harbor
Linz on your smartphone
Before and during your visit to Linz, the Visit-Linz-App helps you to discover the city on the Danube! Sights, restaurants, shops, hotels and current events at a glance on your smartphone! Use the Visit-Linz-App before your visit to Linz to create your personal Linz program with only a few clicks. The practical filter function displays information by alphabet or location.
Upper Austria is one of the nine federal states of Austria and borders on Germany and the Czech Republic, as well as on the other Austrian states of Lower Austria, Styria, and Salzburg. With an area of 11,983 km2 and 1.49 million inhabitants, Upper Austria is the fourth-largest Austrian state by land area and the third-largest by population. It is a region with varied landscape, there are rural areas, forests, mountains and crystal-clear lakes in the countryside, but also thoroughly urban places around its industrial hubs. Upper Austria is a successful business location: Fischer brand skis, steel from voestalpine, and motors made by BMW are sold all over the world.
More information on Upper Austria: www.upperaustria.com
The renowned International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) will take place in Linz/Austria, Johannes Kepler University in 2022.
Address: Johannes Kepler University Linz, Altenberger Strasse 69, 4040 Linz, Austria
Linz lies at the heart of Europe and can be reached quickly by car, train or plane.
Arrival by aeroplane:
- The closest airport is the Blue Danube Airport in Linz-Hörsching (LNZ).
- The “Blue Danube Airport Shuttle” (bus no. 601) is a convenient way to travel from the airport to the city center in about 20 minutes. The bus stop at the Airport is in front of the arrival hall. Tickets are available on the bus (cash only) or at the ticket machine at the station.
Arrival by train:
- “Linz Hauptbahnhof” is the main train station. Please note that there is a direct rail connection from Vienna International Airport (VIE) to Linz Central Station. For further information and timetables see ÖBB – Austrian National Railways.
Public transport in Linz:
- To get to JKU Linz, take tram line 1 or 2 in the direction “Universität”. From the main train station it takes about 30 minutes.
- Tickets are available at the ticket vending machines of LINZ AG Linien: MAXI (24-hour ticket), MIDI (more than 4 stops), MINI (up to 4 stops)
- For further information see Linz AG Linien.